Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Studdies in Occultism

Have started reading through H.P. Blavatsky's The Secret Doctrine again, for the third time (the first two time I didn't get very far into it). Cosmogenesis isn't exactly my forté, but the general tone of the book I enjoy following is one that clarifies classical conjectures in regard to ancient philosophy, or the tenets of esoteric Buddhism that are ordinarily hard to wrap your head around.

For the most part I would define my own study of occultism to be centered mostly around the order of existence. It stems from the curiosities of the makeup of the mind and body, and wanders cautiously from purpose to purpose in the realms of collected knowledge. It's engaging when it enlightens, yet can wisp away or frighten in an instant of confusion.

No comments: